Friday, October 3, 2008

the heart of the matter

This is way far beyond my imagination.

Some days it's still hard to believe that we have a little baby boy. (I think when you get married, you say 'we' a lot, instead of saying 'I' - I don't know why, but I always seem to speak on behalf of Ryan, hehe). It's hard to believe that we're responsible (completely responsible) for another human being - other than each other. I could barely take care of myself, but now there's this little person who trusts me completely, who relies on me entirely.

To have all this by the age of twenty-two, is exhilerating.
I have become a wife, but it still feels like we're dating! I have become a mama, to the sweetest baby boy in world. I have learned patience, that it's okay to things to get a little messy sometimes. I have started to become more creative, jotting things down that make me happy. I have passion again. I have experience what it means to on an overwhelmed emotional roller coaster, but I've ejoyed the ride. I have learned the importance of team work, not to mention compromise (especially at 3 am!). I can't wait to see what life has in store ...

We'll hurt, we'll heal.
But we'll get through this together ...


I think that's my favourite part.
So, this is what it feels like to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment