Friday, October 24, 2008

sleeping habits; take 2

Last night was definitely not successful. If I remember correctly, I think Ryan labelled it as 'one of the worst nights, so far'. I don't think I would have taken it that far! But it came pretty darn close. Typical bedtime routine last night - massage with your bedtime lotion, then changed you into you sleeper, followed by two bedtime stores.Your last feeding was at 7pm and I had placed you into your crib by 7:56pm. You woke up at 1am, then decided you wanted to play, fed at 3am and was still awake at 4am! Everything seemed like such a blur. Fed again at 7am, I believe (I could barely tell what was a dream and what was reality!). Up with daddy at 9:51am.
Horrible.

So I searched online for a typical routine of a breastfeeding stay-at-home mom of a 4-month baby. It seemed pretty close to what we have been doing since you were about 2 1/2 months old. I'm going to try it out and just tweak it a bit.

430am: Wake up, change diaper, nurses, and we fall back asleep
8am: Wake up, he nurses and falls back asleep
9am: He wakes up. Bathe him, change his diaper, and get him dressed
11am: He nurses, then sits in his bouncer while I do laundry and dishes, then I change his diaper
Noon: Tummy time, then we play with his toys
1pm: Change his diaper, then it's nap time
2pm: He wakes up and nurses
230pm: He plays in his entertainment center while I clean
3pm: He sits on my lap while I watch TV or go on the Internet, change his diaper
4pm: playtime
5pm: Nurse, then nap time
630 pm: Change his diaper, then he sits in his swing
7pm: Tummy time & playtime
8pm: Change diaper, massage with lotion, get into pajamas then nurse.
830pm: Storytime
9pm: Bedtime

I hope tonight's a better night, ek!

No comments:

Post a Comment