Thursday, October 23, 2008

sleeping habits

Since the day you were born, daddy and I always had mixed views about letting you use a binky. We once asked your doctor about it & she gave us a look of disbelief, I guess she disagreed with the usage. We decided to use it ONLY when we were out in public and in the car during long trips. But then started using the binks when you were crying lots & lots and to put to you sleep (both naptime & bedtime).

We stopped letting you use you binky last Sunday - cold turkey. It's been a rough few nights, but we think it's going to be worth it in the end. I just don't think you understand the concept of 'self-soothing' yet, but you're starting to stuck your fingers while I put you to sleep. We've also pushed your bedtime to 7:30pm. Last night, I placed you into your crib by 8:12pm and you woke up at 4:07am for a feeding. Much better than waking up at 2am! I also went to bed earlier, which means that I wasn't such a grumpy when I woke up. & I didn't have to wake up daddy to do your diaper change, which I bet he appreciated greatly!

I still can't believe that we have this sweet baby boy, well not so sleep when he want to sleep!
You're growing up too fast baby, slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment