Saturday, November 29, 2008

my little A & his 1st runny nose

I've been slacking, I know.

Things around here have been busy.

I've finally finished a 16-page plus paper on productivity reccomendations. (Secretly, I love to edit papers, hehehe).

Aiden has his 1st cold. It came about around Tuesday and the poor little guy is still learning to breathe through his mouth. His nose keeps running into his mouth, but he doesn't seem to mind. He's only starting to learn the concept of mama & daddy wiping his nose with kleenex, he doesn't fuss so much anymore :) I also think our little boy is at the early stages of teething (ekk!), he's drooling like it's going out of style. All his toys are soaking wet, which reminds me, note to self: hand-wash all the little toys lying around.
I'm now sick as well, along with Aiden. I hate being sick, I complain a lot - & usually take it out on Ryan. But he's learned to deal with my drama, I love him.

Another thing, we've pushed Aiden's bedtime back to 7:30 - 8:00pm ish. We're trying the CIO method & boy, the boy can CRY. Makes me feel like a bad mama sometimes, but I've learned to stick it out. Mind you, it's not cold turkey - we're patting him, rubbing his belly, telling him we love him, good-night baby, etc., every 5 minutes.

Last night, he woke up at 2:00am and 4:30am (for his usual feedings). We're trying to cut out the 'middle-of-the-night' feedings as well. It's tough stuff, motherly instincts just want to nurse him, but we're lying down some rules! (finally, Aiden's so spoiled!)

Tonight is night number 2.
It took me 2 times of checking up & on the 3rd time, he was asleep. I just had to adjust his position so that his head was elevated, helps him breathe better.
I hope tonight is better, *crosses fingers.

I'm going to try & implement (hahaha) this new schedule by Monday.
7:30 am - Wake up, nurse, change out of sleeper, change diaper
8:00 am - Breakfast (just rice cereal, maybe next week, fruit)
8:15 am - Play with Daddy, activity mat
9:15 am - Naptime
11:00am - Wake up, nurse, change diaper
11:30am - Lunch (veggies)
11:45am - Say bye to Daddy!, play with toys
12:30pm - Naptime
2:00pm - Wake up, nurse, change diaper
2:30pm - Play with toys, jolly jumper
3:30pm - Naptime
5:00pm - Wake up, nurse, change diaper
5:45pm - Dinner (just oatmeal, maybe next week veggies & fruit)
6:00pm - Light activities with mama, slowly getting ready for bed
7:00pm - Change diaper, massage bedtime lotion, get into sleeper, read bedtime book
7:30pm - Nurse
Then bedtime, transition from our bed into his crib.
I feel like the holidays are just going to mess up up! :)

I'm listening to Christmas music & nothing puts me into the mood more. Except, I'm rather bitter of the fact that my papers & supplied for my December mini album have yet to arrive. I'm working with what I've got so far, but I've got A LOT of catching up to do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment