Wednesday, February 11, 2009

a reoccurring dream

It's never the same dream, but it always involves you.

& come to think of it, it always occurs right around your birthday - I believe this started the year after you passed away in 2004. Has it really been that long already?

I can't interpret what it exactly means, but in my dreams, you're alive and you're well. You're laughing, you're conversing, you're breathing. You're flirting ... you're you. It always seems so real, like we would pick up right where we left off. Like you were a friend that I hadn't seen in ages, hadn't spoken to in years, but it didn't matter - all was forgiven. And that's how it truly feels, like you're the friend who lives far far away, but in reality - the only way I get to see you, is in these dreams ... some days I hope for something more. I always wonder what it would be like if you were still around. As a teenager, I always believed that you were the person who instilled a bit confidence within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment