Wednesday, December 30, 2009

december daily: day fifteen

Minus my Mat Leave last year, I have spent the past 5 years at Aritzia for the holidays. It's a time when we are the busiest, when I see my coworkers more than my own family and when customers are either jolly and blissful or irate and unmanageable. It doesn't even matter how many wonderful customers to encounter, it takes just one person to totally ruin your day. As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm not the kind of person that I want to be during the holidays at work because of being tired, overworked and anxious. It's no excuse, but it happens. Being pushed to work 10 hour days, almost 6 days a week ... it takes a toll on anyone!

On a bigger and brighter note, our holiday season windows definitely put a smile on my face, especially with catch phrases such as: "promise the moon" & "wish upon a star". I miss feeling like a kid for Christmas.

I was on the Ariztia website today & downloaded the "Happy Holidays" cd by YBB. Some of the tunes that keep me sane during my working days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment