Thursday, March 8, 2012

goodbye paper blinds!

When we first moved into our home, I insisted to Ryan that blinds were a must - no negotiations! However, I knew exactly what I wanted in terms of window coverings (and slowly I started to convince Ryan of this want too). The vinyl "Californina-style" shutters were definitely a pretty penny - but I needed them to be part of our home. Shortly after living with an open window concept, we ventured to our local Home Depot and "invested" in paper blinds. The day we bought these was the day I forgot all about my Californian need. The paper blinds were good to us and they did the job! But ... after almost two years since we moved in & a few months of saving ... we made the real investment.






Don't they look lovely? Ryan was home for the entire installation process, but what a beautiful thing to come home to. Yay! - no more paper blinds!


The excitement privacy still overwhelms me. Definitely happy with the way things turned out.


Now onto to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment