Tuesday, April 30, 2013

pick me up: Forever21 edition

Like I mentioned in my previous post, although my closet is filled loads with lovely clothes - I always, always feel as if I have nothing to wear. Whenever I'm taking forever to get ready or when I'm running late and it's because of the "no clothes to wear reason", I've simply dubbed it as "I'm having a clothes crisis". AND, I find that the crisis seems to hit it's peak during the season changeover - especially during the warm weather - insert #classicgirlproblem sigh here.

& let's face it, for the longest time - I only really shopped where I work. It was easy & I got a discount. Now that I don't have access to a store daily, I'm looking for other retailers for other inspirations - imagine that. Also, with lower price points, I don't have to be that angry mom who yells because someone spilled juice on my 100% silk blouse. Cue Forever21.

I'm always worried about quality with F21, but then I tell myself - I'm not shopping there for quality, I'm shopping there for trend. And of course, once in a while you score a true gem, where quality & trend meet - oh! and price! You can't complain much when you're spending minimal dollars on "cool" clothes. So I'm learning to piece together fab finds with classic pieces to make up my own style - my mama-form, my mama-uniform. It's so easy to loose your own style and identity when you're taking care of little ones 24/7 - I think it's important to feel good about yourself, inside & out!

So without further adieu, here's my recent (& cray cheap!) haul from Forever21 ...   

pmu-f21

1 *in white & gold // 2 // 3 *in cream & black // 4 // 5 

I got a few other pieces that don't seem to be online anymore ... strange! I also prefer to shop online versus shopping in their stores. It can be super overwhelming shopping online because of the extensive product selection (& of course, not being able to touch & try on the product), but I find it's even more overwhelming at the store - especially when I have my almost 10 month old shopping diva with me, lol. & with a long enough exchange / credit policy - I can always try on my pieces at home & return what I don't like in the stores. I'm happy that I'm going out of my comfort zone & finding pieces that work for me, for cheap! It only means more room in the budget for well, more stuff. Hahaha ...

No comments:

Post a Comment