Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Mantra: Cultivate a Good Life

Oh my word! It's totally October! Then our birthday month (Ryan & I) and then Christmas & then 6 years of wedding bliss! Time is just zooming by!

I'm scratching weekly mantras / focuses in exchange for monthly ones - just makes more sense. And I love the idea of being able to have a focus, not just for me but something that I can trickle down to our family and day-to-day.

To me, this really means ... being able to create a life that feels good on the inside and not just looks good on the outside. It's so easy to get caught up in material things & even gossip (tsk!) - but I'm striving to focus on what is truly important to me (family, free time & growing my little business) & loose the things the weigh me down. I'd like to think that we're creating memories with our babies. Spending time playing, laughing, enjoying the company. Filling their bellies with home cooked meals, filling their minds with wonder & filling their hearts with complete joy.

The goals are simple this month:
-Eat out less, cook in more
-Spend less on things! - declutter & donate
-On days that allow it, play outside
-Record moments, not only via multimedia, but simple notes with pen & paper
-Pay it forward
-Connect with others who inspire me to grow my business (quit being so shy!, lol)
-Collaborate with inspiration
-Create, even if it's not "good enough" - just keep creating ...

Let's do this October!

No comments:

Post a Comment